The Working Area
The Match! program window consists of four major parts (the so-called "working area"):
- The diffraction data are displayed in the panel on the upper left-hand side. Here, you will perform operations like zooming, peak editing, background modification etc.
- The candidate list at the bottom of the screen displays a list of the entries of the current answer set, along with numerical parameters indicating the quality of the agreement of the corresponding diffraction patterns with the pattern of the unknown sample.
- On the upper right hand side, several tab sheets are available, with the
"Restraints" tab being in front normally. Here, you can easily define criteria that
must be fulfilled by potential candidate entries/phases, like the presence or absence
of certain elements, the color, the density etc.
- As an alternative to the "Restraints" tab, you can also display the
peak list that contains the numerical
data of the peaks both of the "unknown" diffraction pattern as well as of all
entries marked and/or selected in the candidate list and match list. Using
this tool you can
also analyze the quality of the peak correlations.
- At the same place, the data sheet
displays (nearly) all information available for a certain entry in the
- The match list on the lower right-hand side contains the "matching phases",
along with their relative amounts. Entries can be moved from the candidate list to the
match list e.g. by double-clicking or dragging with the mouse.
In addition, Match! also contains a menu at the top of the program window, a toolbar below, as well as a status bar at the bottom.
You can use a variety of keyboard shortcuts to execute the most frequently used operations.