New Diamond Version 4.5.3
October 31, 2018
A minor update 4.5.3 of "Diamond", our software for crystal and molecular
structure visualization, has just become available. This new version corrects several bugs:
- The command "Expand via H-Bonds" (in the context menu of the table of H-bonds) in some cases created not all neighbouring molecules.
- In the "Properties" pane (bottom right) the central atom itself could appear in the list of distances around a selected atom.
- Some problems with incorrectly filled atoms, bonds, and polyhedron faces when using the special filling options "Background color" or "No Fill".
- Several bugs in the creation/export of POV-Ray pictures.
Diamond now casts a warning message when the POV-Ray rendering engine reports warning and/or errors (which may result in a blank picture).
The background option in the "Global POV-Ray Settings" dialog has been improved with an added option "Picture background color".
- Some minor bugs with color selection buttons, e.g. in Atom Design or Bond Design dialogs.
Diamond version 4 customers should use the online update function (menu "Help/Online update") or check the "Diamond Version 4 Update Page"
for alternative update choices.
Diamond Demo Version and Information
If you would like to learn more about Diamond, please visit the corresponding web page
where you can also download a demonstration version free-of-charge.