Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 126.96.36.199 (created November 21, 2017).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- Refinement of unit cell parameters (based on currently marked peaks) has been added to the "Indexing results" dialog.
- New command "Search/Reset search-match results" clears the figure-of-merit (FoM) values
and other results of the previous search-match calculation.
- The dialog "File information" shows the information of current *.mtd file/document.
- Match! now also works with the most recent (October 2017) versions of FullProf.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- The background control points were separated from the background curve if the scaling on the y-axis was set to "cts" (counts).
- Using the command "Load as experimental" on a Match list entry caused a crash of the program in many cases.
- The demo version did not display the information window about available updates but
a false message "Update subscription has expired".
- Miller indices (hkl) were not displayed for COD- or user database entries if a "mixed"
wavelength with alpha1- and alpha2-contribution was set (e.g. the default Cu Kalpha).
- After using Dicvol for indexing, even indexed peaks were only marked as "correlated".
- When using Dicvol for indexing, the space group suggestion read from the Dicvol
output files may not have been correct if a solution other than the first one was
selected from the table of indexing results.
- After closing the Dicvol solution selection dialog, only a single solution was taken
over to the table of indexing results, even if two or more solutions (unit cells) had been marked.
- Special characters in the sample ID (like the degree sign) switched over to an
unreadable character when saving/loading documents or running the "Undo" command.
- Pictures were not shown in the report if the corresponding path contained non-ASCII characters.
- The report options are now preserved within the session as well as when saving and loading documents.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed.