Download Match! Pre-release Version
On this page you can download the most recent pre-release version of the Match! software.
Please note that this version has not been officially released and may still contain
bugs or other inconsistencies! The
current official version can
be downloaded from here.
The most recent version is 188.8.131.52 (created April 19, 2021).
In order to update your Match! version 3 installation to this most recent version please perform the following steps:
If Match! is running, please save any open documents and close the program.
- Please DO NOT uninstall the previous version before installing the new version! Instead, simply
install the new version on top of the existing version. This is important to make sure that your license
file is retained.
Download the installer file for your platform from below and uncompress ("unzip") it if necessary.
Make sure that you have administrator privileges on multi-user systems,
then run the installer by double-clicking on it. More details about this topic are given in the
platform-specific "Readme" files that are also available from the Download page.
Follow the steps in the installer until it has finished, then restart Match!.
Check whether the update was successful by selecting "About Match!" from
the "Help" menu.
Enhancements compared to current official version
- Raw data smoothing can now be configured in detail according to your requirements: On the "Raw data" tab of the "Options" dialog, you can now select the width of the data point window as well as the polynom order to be used in the application of the Savitzky-Golay algorithm. Automatic determination of the data point window size (like in earlier versions of Match!) is also available. Note that this may also have an effect in peak searching, since raw data smoothing is used internally during this calculation!
- New batch script command "smooth_exp_raw_data_SavitzkyGolay(width_smoothing_window, polynomial_order, auto_determine_smoothing_window)" can be used to run user-configured raw data smoothing in a batch-script.
- Match! can now import the new Thermofisher Scientific 'txl' file format.
- In the report, the peak areas are now displayed in addition to the peak heights.
- In the "Edit manual entry data" dialog, the options at the bottom for updating the main views as well as the calculated diffraction pattern automatically are now always visible.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- [macOS version only] Severe bug: An error message "Your 60 days evaluation period has passed!" was displayed in certain circumstances when running Match! after an update of your macOS operating system, even though you have a valid license for the Match! and have registered it before.
- [Windows version only] In the "drop down" list "Display result file" on the "Rietveld"-tab, a file called "libiomp5md.dll" (that is required for running FullProf) was listed, even though it has nothing to do with your calculation results.
- Sometimes the raw data smoothing did not work on the edges of the diffraction pattern.
- If one or more entries were marked in the candidate list when importing a "predefined selected" from a mta-file, these marked entries were added to the match list as well, in addition to the entries mentioned in the mta-file.
- When double-clicking on an entry in the candidate list (in order to select it as "matching"), other entries were selected as well in certain circumstances.
- Several bugs affecting the trimming of the diffraction pattern have beend fixed.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed as well.