New Match! version 3.11
September 2, 2020
In the new Match! version 220.127.116.11 we have implemented quite a lot of improvements. For example, there is a better protection of your license against illegal copying, and various raw data processing features have been improved.
In detail, the following new functions and bug fixes have been implemented:
- License security has been improved
- Your license will now be registered on your local computer, whereafter your license file will be removed from the Match! program directory. As a result, your license file cannot be copied anymore without authorization.
- Once it has been registered successfully, your license file will no longer be required when running Match! on this computer in the future.
- If you install Match! version 3.11 (or later) as an update (i.e. your license file is already present in the Match! program directory), the license registration will be performed automatically during the installation. If you purchase a new license for Match! and copy the license file into the Match! program directory, the registration needs to be performed manually, by once running Match! as an administrator. You will be reminded to do so by a corresponding message when you run Match!.
- You can unregister your license from your computer, e.g. by uninstalling Match! or by running a corresponding terminal command.
- Options dialog has been improved
- It is now possible to define an automatic correction (raising or lowering) of the background on the "Raw data" tab of the "Options" dialog.
- The paths to external programs (like FullProf, Endeavour etc.) are now all set on the "General" page of the "Options" dialog.
- There are now additional buttons for downloading and getting information about external software packages on the "General" page of the "Options" dialog.
- It is now also possible to define and configure the parameter sequence (preset) to be used for automatic Rietveld refinement on the "Rietveld" tab of the "Options" dialog.
- It is now possible to define the method to be used for (semi-)quantitative analysis (RIR or DD/Toraya) on the new "Quant. analysis" page of the "Options" dialog.
- Raw data processing has been improved
- If the resolution (step size) of an imported diffraction pattern is larger than 0.02°, you will be asked by default if Match! shall increase (double) the resolution. A low resolution may lead to inaccurate peak positions and cause problems during qualitative phase analysis.
- You can now raise or lower the whole background a little bit using the corresponding new "Pattern / Background" menu commands "Raise background intensity" and "Lower background intensity" (keyboard shortcuts <Ctrl+Shift+F2> and <Ctrl+Shift+F3>).
- The smoothing function for the raw data has been improved.
- When exporting the pattern graphics to a file, you can now adjust the quality (and hence the size of the file) in the "Define graphics size" dialog.
- In the status bar at the bottom, the number of decimals used for the display of the 2theta value is now adapted to the resolution (step size) of your diffraction data (either 2, 3 or 4 decimals are displayed).
- You can now toggle the search-match option 'Restrict FoM calculation to exp. range' by clicking on the corresponding orange-colored bars below the 2theta-axis.
- The search-match option "Check 3 strongest peaks before running full match" is now active by default (factory settings). This accelerates the search-match calculation and eliminates many "wrong" phases. If you are already using Match!, you have to activate this option manually on the "Search-Match" page of the "Options"-dialog and mark "Save as defaults" before pressing "OK".
- The default value for the search-match option "Min. rel. intensity for peak correlation" has been reduced from 1 to 0.
- The "Subfiles" restraint (or additional entries) tab is now also available when using the COD reference database. Currently, you can restrict the entries to "Cement materials", "Inorganic" or "Minerals" compounds.
- The "Inorganics only" checkboxes on the "Compound" restraints tabs have been removed. Instead, please use the corresponding checkboxes on the "Subfiles" tabs.
- If an "Automatic divergence slit" (ADS) to "fixed slit" (FDS) conversion has been carried out when importing raw diffraction data, this is now mentioned in the report.
- The menus for additional experimental pattern commands are now also available in the "Pattern / Additional patterns" menu, in addition to the "pattern menu" buttons in the top-right corner of their corresponding diffraction pattern.
- Reference database improvements
- Match! has been verified to be compatible with all upcoming 2021 releases of the ICDD PDF database products.
- COD reference database has been updated.
- Several bugs have been fixed:
- [Linux version only] The following issue has been fixed: An error message "Match! cannot be run on this computer" was displayed during the installation. When run manually, Match! displayed an error message like "/opt/Match3/./Match: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var"
- The method used for quantitative analysis is now displayed correctly in the report.
- A severe bug that might have caused Match! to crash when loading documents from file or running the "Undo" or "Redo" command has been fixed.
- If diffraction data were imported as an additional pattern and the corresponding wavelength was different from the one of the first (anchor) pattern, the pattern was misaligned.
- Match! did not display hkl-data in the pattern graphics or exported peak data files for Match list entries originating from a different reference database than the current one.
- All further currently known bugs have been fixed.
Match! version 3 users should
download and install the new version 18.104.22.168 from here.
Match! Demo Version and Information
If you are new to Match! and would like to learn more about it, please
visit the Match! web page.
where you can also download a full-featured (time-limited) demonstration version free-of-charge.